Lord, have mercy; Christ, have mercy

Monday, May 2, 2011

Just another day

Today the despair and hapless feelings in my heart suddenly disappeared; a jovial, light cheerfulness took over. But how long will it last?

I will have to thank my friends; those who are understanding, and willing to hear me speak. The outpouring of my thoughts to someone whom I could trust probably relieved me partly of the large burden (that I myself perceive) resting on my shoulders.

I was thinking of the past today. How long ago was it that I could go actually play the piano without any sense of the time? That I could sit down and enjoy watching television -- BBC, sports or HBO XD? That I could entirely forget about school-related issues and focus on personal academic or non-academic pursuits? That I could pick up a novel to engross myself in for half a day? It wasn't that long ago. But yet it feels so detached, so distant; such rituals will become luxuries I can seldom afford to indulge in. And those carefree time? They will just remain as fond memories; a unique piece of the jigsaw of my life that will never be replicated anytime soon; a source of comfort and joy; a sole reprieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment