And there it ends. At least i made it to the semis. But well, it is all because of my easy draw. Today i got thrashed. Thrashed. Yes, thrashed. 1-6 0-6. There were some scarce opportunities during the match, staring at my face, waiting for my response; yet in the end, for some reason or another, they pass me by. Well, i am not gonna blame anything else anymore (enough of that); but inevitably I began to think of my approach to the match.
I went in today and i wanted to hit, yes hit and not to play gay shots; in the end i got outclassed and outhit. He was just too good. On the other hand, i could have played a "safer" game and possibly delayed my fall into the "abyss" of defeat. The score could have been closer; however this is not what i trained for.
The question arises: Does playing a safer game, with more or less guaranteed better results, or does applying what i have learnt in all the hours of training take precedence? I have always switch positions to suit the circumstances; but of course, the latter does. Maybe I should just be contented that the latter took precedence today in my game plan. Isn't that what the idealist strives for? yesYesYEsYES we hate pyrrhic victories!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment